Tuesday 27 April 2010

Invisibility

What I think I really want to achieve with my future poster is the growing invisibility of adverting; starting with the death of the poster as a viable medium. They have become hard to use, as there is plenty of other newer ways to get a passerby interested. The poster is now becoming like an old man in a pub, no one pays much attention to him and he just exists within the sea of other people.

With the abundance of so many brightly coloured, well-drawn posters there is less of a chance of your poster becoming an eye-catching image and more of a chance of it turning into just another voice screaming for attention amongst the crowd. But despite my grimaces I like this playground because it gives me a chance to poke fun at the design world while I take part in the game.

So if my poster had a key word it would be invisible. Remember that cause i'll probably change my mind later in the day.

I’ve looked into heat/light sensitive paper and UV light but I’m not happy with what I can do with them so far, but only 1 more day before I need to present a prototype. Shouldn’t be that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment